Evan A. Sugden
Entomologist, Teacher, Illustrator
Some things I enjoy:
I enjoy backpacking, mountaineering, sea kayaking, cross-country and alpine skiing, mountain biking, & nature photography. I'm a certified SCUBA diver and have explored marine environments on the Great Barrier Reef (Australia), around Bermuda, and in both the Arabian Sea and Persian Gulf. I have been a practicing beekeeper for 27 years in hobby, development, research, and professional capacities.
- M.A. Biology, University of Utah
- Ph.D. University of California, Davis (Entomology)
- Apicultural Development Agent, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 1984-85
- Post doctoral Research Associate, Australian Museum (Sydney,
- Australia) 1985-87 (Honey Bee - Native Bee Ecological Interactions)
- California Department of Food & Agriculture, Exotic Pests Program 1987-88
U. S. Dept. Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Africanized Honey Bee Program (Weslaco, TX) 1988-1993 (Detection & Population Biology of AHB)
- Kentucky State University, Honey Bee Parasite & Disease researach associate, (Frankfort, KY) 1993-94
- University of Washington, Seattle, Zoology Department & Biology Program, Instructor 1998-present
- Private Contract Business, Entomo-Logic: editing, writing, scientific illustration, museum exhibit design & implementation, solitary bee research, production, & sales, 1995-present.
Entomo-Logic was formed in 1995 in Seattle to encompass several sales, service, and development interests. These included Blue Orchard Bee management and production, pollination and honey production, software editing, and illustration. Subsequently, the business umbrella has encompassed exhibit design and general design. In 1999 the company moved it's official location to Monroe.
- 1995-present. Blue Orchard Bee management development, production, and sales. Pollination (BOBs & honey bees), honey production & sales.
- 1995-1997. Microsoft Gardening, Encarta, Atlas & Mungo Park on-line journal. Proofing, editing, writing, & illustration by subcontract.
- 1996. Big Big Bugs, exhibit, Pacific Science Center, Seattle
- 1998-present. Teaching & lecturing in conjuction with appointment at University of Washington.
- 1999-present. Identification Services. Identifying arthropods as academic & public service in conjunction with employment at University of Washington.
Back to Entomo-Logic Home